Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Arrival of Summer

Good Morning!  Well, I broke down and did it.  I turned the AC on.  I did make it until noon, but that was it.  After doing the outside work and coming into the house drenched in sweat, I broke.  I tried to tell myself it was for my husband, who works so hard out in the heat all day, and drives in a metal truck with no air, and ends his day working in a metal warehouse with no AC.  He deserves to come home to a nice cool home where he can relax away the stress of the day in comfort, right.  Yeah, I don't think anyone else bought it either.  Not that I don't think those things, but right then, right there, it was me who wanted to be cool.  There was not a dry stitch on me and I wanted nothing more than to feel cool, dry air.  It was totally selfish, I know.  Normally I turn the heat system off April 1 and don't turn the AC on until June 1, but even I have my limits and 93 with a heat index of who knows what is about it.  I had intended to turn it back off at 8PM but forgot.  I'm glad I did.  The humidity is even worse this morning and the sun is heating things up fast.  I'm trying to remember why I bother with morning showers.  Summer is my least favorite of the seasons and it is definitely here.


Well, better get back to the chores.  I want to be inside by noon.  Where I can hibernate in the cool.

May Yahweh bless you in this new day!

Laurie

No comments: