Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Won........a Gun?!

Good Morning!  Yesterday was like a sign from Yahweh that fall will indeed come.  At least for the first part of the day it was cooler, there was a wind blowing, and the air felt much better.  In the latter half of the day it did warm up but was cloudy and breezy.  After Saturday and Sunday's 100+ temperatures it was very welcome. 

Unfortunately it was also one of those days where it felt like you struggled to get nothing done.  The morning chores were late getting started and so didn't get finished until almost noon.  Some schoolwork with the youngers came next, but was interrupted by lunch.  My goals of finishing the laundry and making tomato sauce went unaccomplished.  Before I knew it, the supper hour had rolled around and it was time to do chores again.  Days like that have a tendency to leave me feeling drained and depressed. 

The business side of life did well as I made quite a few sales.  That always tends to brighten up things.

On another note, I was notified last week that I had won a Mossburg 12 gauge shotgun in a raffle.  Last May Ray, several of the children, and I attended a local gun and knife show.  They were raffling off several items, including an awesome crossbow.  Ray and I had been wanting to get a crossbow for some time, but the expense had held us back.  So, on a whim, I bought several tickets.  Last Thursday they did the actual drawing and I got the shotgun.  It must be a nice gun, since several male friends are envious, but honestly you can put what I know about guns themselves into a thimble and still have room for your finger.  I do know how to fire and am a pretty good shot, if I do say so myself, but just looking at guns I couldn't tell a 30/30 from a .22.  And, since the crossbow was what I was really interested in, I can't even tell you what the gun looks like.  But now I at least have my own gun and can join the family hunts this fall.  Maybe I'll even be able to put some deer in the freezer..............I hope they won't make me dress it out.

May Yahweh bless you in this new day!

Laurie

No comments: