Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Pictures.....finally

Good Morning!  Yesterday was banking day on the farm.  A year ago, after reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, we went to an all-cash method of banking which necessitates a weekly trip to the bank.  It also requires me to get up early and make sure that all of our records and expenses have been recorded.  This past December I was able to purchase Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  Originally priced at $199, I just couldn't justify the expense.  But one day on FB it was listed as a "special of the day" at $89, so I snapped one up with my Christmas money.  The plan is for the older children and I to set aside one evening a week and do one lesson at a time.  Since three of the children work and the fourth runs her own business, this is going to be really good information for them to have before they get married.  The envelope system has really helped us a lot in having money for expenses when they are due.  I reviewed the Total Money Makeover which you can read here.  Scroll down to the middle of the post.


The snow from last Monday continues to hang around in places.  The old-timers around will tell you that if snow stays more than four days, it's waiting for some more.  And guess what?  There's more in the forecast for next weekend.  Wonderful.

Here are some of the snow pictures from last week.  Enjoy.
 
No this is not our house.  It's an old smokehouse that we currently use for storage.
 
 
Our farm sign.  The dark clouds were bringing sleet.
 
Our Alpine and Boer kids did NOT like the snow!
The Pashmina's LOVED it.
The chickens preferred the inside.
This is my oldest hive.  I can't wait till warm weather to see how it's doing.
My two newest hives.  I don't think the one on the right will make it through the winter.  But I can hope.
What do my children do in the snow?  Snowball fights?  Build snowmen?  No.  They play football.
May Yahweh bless you in this new day!

Laurie





No comments: