Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm Finally Back

I'm so sorry to have been away so long.  The last part of 2011 was extremely difficult for the farm.  We saw the loss of most of our Alpine goat kids through some sort of disease.  Our most promising young buck was killed by our older buck.  And, to top it all off, we lost the single best dog in the entire world, my daughter, Michaela's, 3 year old red tri Australian Shepherd, Rascal.  Somehow he got out without anyone knowing it and was hit on the highway.  Needless to say, none of us are sad to see 2011 leave and we are hoping for a better year in 2012.

Some changes are coming to both the blog and the farm.  We've been doing some real soul-searching and goal-making.  In an effort to make the farm more profitable and our lives a little more organized we have decided to limit our gardening to what we need only, and will be giving away any extra.  This will allow us to focus on the livestock production.

I also want to focus on passing along more information that I have picked up and goals I have for the coming year.  I'm hoping to do this in a way that you can join me if you choose.

So, come along and see what's new on the farm.

May Yahweh bless you in this new day!
Laurie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see ya back!

Amanda
Matthew 6:33

life on the homestead said...

I am so sorry for all you have been through. I hope for you as well, that this year brings lots of good things for you and yours.