Monday, January 9, 2012

Organizing the House - Week 1

Good Morning! This year, as in years past, I am hoping to get my home better organized. It's not that I haven't accomplished anything in other years. Two years ago I organized my Christmas decorations. Wow, what a difference that made! By sorting them out by rooms and putting them in labeled boxes, it was no longer necessary to bring them all down from the attic at once. I could now decorate one room a day. Last year, I got the closet in my main bathroom cleaned out and all of the medicines and toiletry supplies I have been stocking up on sorted out and put in labeled boxes. Now things are so much easier to locate and inventory.

It's just that there is so much that needs organizing and every year I seem to pick up a new interest or expand the business to include another aspect which comes with its own supplies. It is also extremely overwhelming to look at the job as a whole.

But I have now found a website that may help me with taking it one bite at a time. Home Storage Solutions 101 is a wonderful website, full of storage solution suggestions and organizing tips.  They have a special series going on called 52 Weeks To An Organized Home in which each week has a different challenge to accomplish.  I love the way someone else picks the area to work on....one more decision I don't have to make....then gives me ideas on how to accomplish it.  And I have a whole week to get it done before the next assignment!  This may actually be the help I need.

Week 1's challenge has been Kitchen Organization:  Countertops and Sink.  My kitchen countertops are a source of much distress for me.  There never seems to be any room to accomplish anything.  I'm ashamed to say that not much has been done this week, but tomorrow is calling for rain, so I'm going to get started.  While this will put me a week behind, the challenge is set up so that you just join in whenever you want.  I'm going to be posting before/after pictures and then linking the post on her website's Wall of Fame.  Be sure to check back every Monday to see what I've accomplished. 

Won't you join me?  Even if you don't need to organize your whole house the way I do, you can just pick and choose which challenge to take part in.  Be sure to link your post/pictures on the website.

Well, the day is calling and so are the animals.

May Yahweh bless you in this new day!

Laurie

No comments: