Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Ultimate in Chocolate Birthday Cakes

Good Morning!  Friday was Michaela(18)'s birthday and she had requested a Chocolate Wasted Cake.


Having tried to recreate cakes for important occasions on several occasions and met with disaster I decided to make a few changes to lessen the chance of catastrophe.

First, I used a box Devil's Food cake and added semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mix before baking.  Next, I used prepared frosting.  I frosted the sides, separated 6 chocolate bars into sections, then placed them on the sides.  Into the remaining frosting I added crushed KitKat bars, Hershey's Kisses, and Reese's Pieces.  This then was loaded on to the top of the cake. 

The final step was to melt chocolate chips with a little oil and drizzle it all over the top of the cake, making sure that some ran down the sides.  The end result looked like this:

Not too bad if I do say so myself.  And it tasted even better.









Other news is that Samantha(7) has made a new addition to the farm.  A 7-week old Nigerian Dwarf which she has named Sweetie Pie.  We went up to Maple Lane Homestead in Concord, NC to pick her up.  As usual I didn't have near enough time to visit with Kelly, but one day I will.  And I will probably end up getting into Icelandic Sheep when I do.  Sweetie Pie is already settling in well, letting Samantha hold her and calling for her when she leaves.




So, that's what happening on the farm.

May Yahweh bless you in this new day!

Laurie


Please note: I am not a paid endorser nor did I accept any free samples of the brands or products mentioned in this post.

No comments: